Fixed Network AMR
Fixed Network AMR is the ultimate in utility meter asset monitoring and management, providing remote visibility of your networks performance 24 hours a day.
From a customer service and billing point a view, Fixed Network AMR provides near real time consumption data that can be used for efficient and frequent billing as well as customer dispute resolution. It also provides valuable information on time of use profiles for both domestic and commercial customers that can be used to create simple or sophisticated tariff models. This helps curb peak demand easing the pressure on the network and its resources.
From an operational point of view, Fixed Network AMR can provide a true insight into a networks performance highlighting leakage, min/max flow rates, tampering and backflow detection.
Once a transmitter has been connected to a utility meter, it immediately starts to intelligently monitor, profile and log consumption and flow data. Data is transmitted back every 6hrs/4 times a day, via the Wi5 Data Hub for processing.
For difficult locations i.e. Sewer tunnels, remote buildings etc.. A UHF/VHF boosted pair can be used to extend the range of the transmitted message to >2km.
The Fixed Network AMR system includes a 500mW repeater as part of its product range. This key addition to the system allows for the creation of long range, Wide Area Networks ideal for urban Cities such as London, Paris or Rome all of which have installed Radio-Tech's technology.
- VHF Technology provides superior operational range
- Licensed frequencies are free from interference
- Compatible with all pulse enabled meters
- Multi utility solution include ATEX certified transmitters
- 100% visibility of the networks performance
- Allows for efficient and frequent billing
- Supports simple of sophisticated tariff models
- No black spots common with MESH Networks
- Retrofit capability protects investment in existing metering infrastructure
For more information on the system please click the links below:
- RT:Wi5 - Central data collection device, can single handily manage hundreds of transmitters
- Ecochirp - VHF Pulse transmitter, can be used with electricity and water meters
- Ecoboost - Repeater station used to re-transmit messages received from transmitters, extending operational range
- UHF/VHF Boosted Pair - Used to improve signal distance
* For basic fixed network meter reading applications, Radio-Tech has developed the Economise range