Leak Noise Logging
Leak noise loggers help to reduce leakage levels and operating costs simultaneously by monitoring large areas of the water network quickly and effectively. They have become a standard piece of equipment for leak detection, and enables water suppliers to reduce leakage cost effectively, and to maintain these low levels at minimal cost. Noise loggers are considerably more sensitive than the human ear and are usually active during the night, when background noise is at a minimum.
The Permalog System
HWM manufactures the world's most popular leak noise logger. The effectiveness of the Permalog® system to monitor leakage has been proven in water networks throughout the world. Easily deployed, the innovative leak noise loggers listen for the unique sound of water escaping from the pipe and can transmit data to a passing patrol vehicle or internet enabled device. This highly cost effective solution enables water suppliers to monitor 100% of their distribution system with confidence, allowing leak areas to be identified quickly and promptly repaired.
With over 300,000 loggers deployed successfully throughout the world, Permalog has been credited as a major contributor to the fight against water leakage. For example, their use in El Paso, Texas has recently been credited with saving the city 6 million gallons of water per day.
For further details, please select from the following:
- Permalog+ - a noise logger with a powerful sensor that listens for the sound made by leaks and transmits data to a passing patrol vehicle or office computer.
- Permalog GPS Mapping - Automatic noise logger location recording to assist deployment and analysis.
- PermaLOG Software - Online Mapping System for Permalog+ Loggers
There are three data collection methods available:
Survey (Manual Data Collection)
- Permalog+ Lift & Shift - enables swift deployment of loggers, manual data collection and swift redeployment of loggers in a new area.
Drive By Patrol
- Patroller II PDA - Drive by data collection for Permalog+ with Hand Held PDA
- Patroller II PC Drive by data collection for Permalog+ with PC/Laptop
- PerrmaNet (Radio) - a radio web based automatic data transmission system for the Permalog+system allowing real time monitoring of the water network
PermaNet (SMS Repeater) - an SMS Repeater web based automatic data transmission system for the Permalog+system allowing real time monitoring of the water network